Wow! I’m Out of Content

Gratuitous Cuteness – Pregnant Goats I’m actually out of things to write about. Not because I don’t have things to share, but because now there’s always going to be fear that I’ll be sent a letter that tells me that if I don’t change my blog I’ll be sued. What’s to say that what I…

Read More ›

Internships!

We’ve had several people ask if they can come help at the farm. They want to learn more about urban farming. They want to get their hands dirty. And then Esperanza from Pluck and Feather Farm posted about it. It got me to thinking that maybe we should do that. Help people learn what it…

Read More ›

Our First Farmhand!

Jeanette as Camo Fairy at our Wedding Ha ha! Just kidding. My close friend, Jeanette, who you may know from some of her posts earlier this year on pheasant hunting and planting in colder zones, raising meat chickens, and gun safety, is staying in the water tower for a little while. She’s excited to help…

Read More ›

Pluck and Feather Farm

Saturday we got to go hang out with our new friends Esperanza and Dipak of Pluck and Feather Farm in Oakland. We got to also meet Maya and Nevada, who are just starting their homesteading adventures in El Sobrante on 2 acres (Awesome!). And of course we can’t forget Kumar, Dipak’s father, and Marcel, their…

Read More ›

We Want to Hear from You!

We want to meet you, our fabulous readers (best people in the world IMO) even if it’s just here online. So give us a quick hello and tell us a bit about your awesome selves! What are your goals, concerns, etc? Got questions? We promise we won’t bite. We all had to start somewhere and are…

Read More ›

Happy Farmer’s Market Week

Information taken from Projects for Public Spaces Markets for All: Celebrating National Farmers Market Week Posted by: Craig Raphael Categories: Blog, Markets, PPS Video, Public Markets and Local Economies  Rows of brightly colored produce; freshly baked breads and blueberry pies; mingling of friends, neighbors and strangers: there’s no limit to the joys of a local farmers market. The spectacular resurgence of…

Read More ›

Thursday in the City- Upcoming Events at Garden for Environment

Garden for the Environment, originally uploaded by chuck b.. Info Via:  Garden for the Environment URBAN COMPOSTINGDate: Saturday, August 7th, 2010Time: 10AM – 12NOONLocation: Garden for the Environment, 7th Ave at Lawton Street, San FranciscoCost: Free Give your summer garden a boost that will guarantee vibrant colors and tasty veggies for the months to follow! Aside from encouraging beneficial soil organisms…

Read More ›

Thursday in the City- Bread Making Class

Whole Wheat Bread, originally uploaded by kristib2pea.  Source:  The Studio For Urban Projects The Self-Sufficient Kitchen, Bread Class Event Details Date:  Saturday, July 24, 2010 Time: 1:00 PM All classes meet from 1:00-5:00 pm at the Studio for Urban Projects 3579 17th Street. Classes are $75. Please use the Paypal link below to register. This ongoing…

Read More ›

Thursday in the City- The Botany of Desire

Hayes Valley Farm Film Night Next Feature:  Botany of Desire,  July 20, 2010 In collaboration with Kikim Media and KQED Source: Hayes Valley Farm Feature: Based on Michael Pollan’s acclaimed book, Botany of Desire, directed by Michael Schwarz, is a sensuous and eye-opening exploration into the human relationship with plants, trees and flowers, through the lens of…

Read More ›