Wow! I’m Out of Content

Gratuitous Cuteness – Pregnant Goats I’m actually out of things to write about. Not because I don’t have things to share, but because now there’s always going to be fear that I’ll be sent a letter that tells me that if I don’t change my blog I’ll be sued. What’s to say that what I…

Read More ›

Internships!

We’ve had several people ask if they can come help at the farm. They want to learn more about urban farming. They want to get their hands dirty. And then Esperanza from Pluck and Feather Farm posted about it. It got me to thinking that maybe we should do that. Help people learn what it…

Read More ›

Our First Farmhand!

Jeanette as Camo Fairy at our Wedding Ha ha! Just kidding. My close friend, Jeanette, who you may know from some of her posts earlier this year on pheasant hunting and planting in colder zones, raising meat chickens, and gun safety, is staying in the water tower for a little while. She’s excited to help…

Read More ›

Pluck and Feather Farm

Saturday we got to go hang out with our new friends Esperanza and Dipak of Pluck and Feather Farm in Oakland. We got to also meet Maya and Nevada, who are just starting their homesteading adventures in El Sobrante on 2 acres (Awesome!). And of course we can’t forget Kumar, Dipak’s father, and Marcel, their…

Read More ›

Thursday in the City- Build Your Own World

“How can we re-imagine and redesign our cities to allow them to become part of an urban foodshed? How can we make urban planning more participatory, transparent, and reflective of the public need for affordable and healthful food? What models, current, imagined or historical would help us to understand future directions for our cities?”  The…

Read More ›

Thursday in the City- Growing Greener School Grounds Conferance

{source} The below information was taken from the San Francisco Green School Alliance. Follow the link for more information.  Schools across the Bay Area, and beyond, are turning their asphalt schoolyards into vibrant, green outdoor classrooms, and you can do it, too! Please join us at the 2010 Growing Greener School Grounds Conference September 24th…

Read More ›