This is my new favorite way of eating eggs. It’s rich and salty and flavorful. Can you ask for anything more?
1/4 tsp butter
2 Tbs Cream (I skim the fresh cream off of our goats’ milk)
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 deg F
2. With the butter, grease a ramekin
3. Put the cream in the ramekin and then break the eggs into the cream. Gently move the yolks toward the center.
4. Top with salt, pepper and chives. You can also add cheese if you’d like as well.
5. Bake for 12 minutes. You want the center still a bit jiggly while the edges can be pulled away from the side of the ramekin.
Viola! You’ve got shirred eggs.